Novation LaunchPadS - Isn’t this cool!
AWESOME player for live gigs! “SYNCINSIDE”
Have you ever just wanted to play back files with a sync & click track for live shows along with your music tracks? Of course this can be done with a old skool CD Player etc or iPod. Problem is you have to mono your music tracks etc by using the method of panning your click track hard right and your music hard left. Well….Not anymore! I’ve been using this for a backup solution in my pop/rock band called “Drop Dead Famous” and this amazing app for the iPad is under $10 called “SYNCINSIDE” by Showtools and it allows you to basically keep a stereo mix of your music/production tracks and allows you to keep a click and sync track all in time together but out separate outputs via the iPads headphone out and USB camera kit connected to a USB sound card. It works VERY well and is rock solid! Here are some of the key features.
I have it from some pretty good sources that the next version will be able to output 6 tracks! Really a great no nonsense easy solution to play back music without a Mac or PC for easy backing tracks!
• Unlimited number of clips per playlist, unlimited number of playlists
• Auto association between backing track and sync file
• Instant access to the last playlist used
• Compatible with wav and aiff files (untill 4 tracks interleaved) any lenght and size • Memo field for each clip
• Tagged playlist for an easier research
• Wide Padder with TouchUp to avoid hesitation
• Skip function of the playing clip and of the next one running • Fast load button to easly manage scene’s changes
• Visualization of current time and remaining time
SyncInside manages the two stereo files syncronised play (file 1: stereo backing tracks, file 2: click and/or timecode) or a single file (4 channel interleaved).
Camera Connection Kit and a Class compliant USB sound card are required to exploit the multitrack features.
Being a long time fan of the Novation LaunchPad I wanted to try the new one that just came out. So here it is! Fresh out of the box the new LaunchPad S. I’m going to give it a go this weekend at a couple of back to back festivals. One thing for sure is the lights are REALLY nice and bright which is a added welcome for me. Outdoor gigs can be a little scary when you can’t see what’s going on.